Top 12 Things to Pack Last
Its time to pack up your rental apartment and move to your new Edmonton home. Here's a helpful list of 12 items to pack last and keep handy (a.k.a. they're the things you'll need to get to first and frequently)
- Extension cords, batteries, everything's electric these days it seems. Computers, CD players, smart phone, all those little gizmos you just can't seem to live without. So it just makes sense to keep that extension cord or pack of new batteries right on top within reach.
- Tools. We're talking hammers and screwdrivers, nails & screws, scotch tape, duct tape and especially a tape measure. A good multi tool wouldn't hurt, either.
- Dehydration is a sneaky beast, so be prepared. A bottle opener and glasses. Thirst always seems to come first, particularly if you have to lug that stuff around. Make sure you have enough for your moving crew, too!
- Snack, pizza or fast food coupons. You're going to work up a hunger so think about treating yourself to a quick bite or a night out to your favourite fast food joint. Again, make sure you have enough for the moving crew/friends!
- Address book or important contacts on your smartphone. Keep those important telephone numbers handy.
- Cell phone or regular landline telephone to plug in - put these within easy reach. There's is always potential for an emergency call.
- Sufficient cash. If you are opening a new bank account, you may have to wait for your first check to clear. Traveller's checks wouldn't hurt, either.
- Copy of your lease & personal ID such as driver's license. Speaking of banking, if you are starting a new checking account (or applying for utilities service), you'll need proof of your new address.
- Cleaning materials. Paper towels, broom & dustpan, mop, bucket, garbage bags, etc. Accidents do happen. Oh yes, don't forget some toilet paper, soap & hand towel.
- Light bulbs, a small lamp (perhaps a flashlight). It may be dark when you move in.
- Alarm clock. You don't want to miss your first day of work, do you?
- Box cutter. Don't pack that tool as it's the first thing you need to open your boxes.
If you can add anything to this list, please let me know thru my contact page.