Easy Tips for a Manicured Lawn For Your Edmonton Home
The days are getting longer, the grass is growing and yard work season has begun. Many Edmonton homeowners strive to have the best lawn in the neighborhood, but the task ahead can often feel daunting and time-consuming.
Although yard work can be overwhelming at times, the steps to a great-looking lawn are easier than you think. To get started, here are a few tips for giving your Edmonton yard that finished look:
- Keep grass approximately 2 inches in length and only take off 1/3 inch of new growth.
- Alternate the direction you mow each session. If you mow in the same direction every time, the wheels will create a rut in the grass.
- Plant flowers around the yard for a pop of color. Using mulch in flower beds will also add detail to your landscape.
- Use string trimmers around trees, rocks, fences and other obstacles to give your lawn a polished look.
- Use a broom to clean grass clippings and soil from pavement and walkways.
Yard work can feel easier and even enjoyable when using the right lawn care tools for the job. One of the quickest ways to give your lawn a manicured look is using a string trimmer. It can handle everything from cutting down weeds to trimming around trees to cleaning up grass under decks. String trimmers are the most versatile tool every Edmonton homeowner should have in their shed.
Lawn mowers can maneuver around obstacles and larger plants, but it's usually hard to get into tight spaces. A string trimmer can get into places a lawn mower can't reach and really give your lawn that polished look.
A really good gas string trimmer can help make life in the yard that much easier. There's no need to mix oil and gas, and some trimmers can quickly convert into multiple tools with the attachments.
Making your lawn stand out as the beauty of the block will take some work, but the end result will be worth the effort. Your neighbours will be green with envy!
If you have further tips about manicuring your Edmonton lawn, please share below or thru my contact page.